Wednesday 6 October 2021

31 Days of Halloween: Day 5


Continuing with my Halloween month, and I did a few seasonal things today that I definitely think I can count as Halloween celebrations.

The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix



My tram reading this week is Grady Hendrix's The Final Girl Support Group. I didn't have a massive distance to travel today, so I only read the first three chapters (I love the chapter numbering so far, by the way). Let's see how this one works out...

Dead of Night



This week, we're doing horror cinema with the second year students. Today's film was one of my all-time favourites - the 1945 anthology horror film, Dead of Night. I had a really lively and fun seminar with my students this afternoon. I don't have any Hugo Fitch earrings so I accessorized my teaching with my new Billy the Puppet earrings from idlehandsx on Etsy.


Pumpkin Spice Latte



This seems to be the go-to drink for Halloween month, so I thought I should give it a try. I had my first ever pumpkin spice latte today! Not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure it'll be my last pumpkin spice latte as well. That is not a nice drink at all.

Today's Story



Today's story was 'An Episode of the Terror' by Honoré de Balzac. Earnest, but suspenseful, but more political commentary than straightforward horror.

Today's Tea





Today's tea was Spiced Winter Red Tea from teapigs. Technically, I think it's one of their Christmas teas... but I just thought the snowman was kinda creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment