Saturday 16 October 2021

31 Days of Halloween: Day 15


Another day of Halloween month... and I wasn't sure I'd have much to say in today's post, as I was out for a distinctly non-Halloween day trip with the residents of the care home where I volunteer. Still, I've got a couple of things to add to my month of celebrations.

Blackpool






I didn't think I'd be able to count the care home day trip to Blackpool today, as it was really sunny and not at all spooky. But then I saw some festive garlands on the North Pier... Happy Halloween!

Today's Story



Today's story was 'Dead on Her Feet' by Cornell Woolrich, a semi-hardboiled detective story that paints a rather gruesome image in your mind.

Today's Tea





Today's tea was Spider's Kiss from Rosie Lea Tea, a butterscotch and marshmallow flavoured black tea. My first thought was: spider's kisses sure are comforting. My second was: oh, this tastes a bit like H.P. Lovecraft. Both those thoughts make sense in context.

No comments:

Post a Comment