Saturday 23 October 2021

31 Days of Halloween: Day 22


Quite a busy day of Halloween things today, so this post is going to be a bit longer than the last couple!

Halloween Gin





I met up with a friend this evening for a couple of Halloween-appropriate gins from Wicked Wolf. Nice gin, nice company and a nice view!

Film Night



Next up, me Rob met up with a friend (virtually) for an online film night. We watched Bingo Hell (Gigi Saul Guerrero), which I really enjoyed even if the others didn't.

Cocktails




I'm cheating a bit with counting this one, as I get a Muddlebox cocktail subscription box every month, but I'm still going to count it! This month's cocktail was Sex in the Jungle, and between the colour and the Halloween straws, I've decided this fits the season.

The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue






And then it was a late night film for me and Rob... The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue (aka Let Sleeping Corpses Lie). Come for the zombies, stay for the incredible opening montage of 70s Manchester!

Ten Tales



The second series of Ten Tales, my series of seasonal (and local) ghost stories started tonight on North Manchester FM. The first tale in this series is called 'Redeem Thy Misspent Time', and it's set in Blackley.

Today's Story



Today's story was 'Back from the Grave' by Robert Silverberg. This one actually references one of the earlier stories in the book (Poe's 'Premature Burial') but gives an even more unsettling take on the idea.

Today's Tea





Today it was time for the poshest tea on my Halloween list... Toffee Apple Tea from Fortnum & Mason. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment