Sunday 17 October 2021

31 Days of Halloween: Day 16


My Halloween month continued today, though I'm a bit tired after the week so far! We had something cool planned for the day that I've been looking forward to for a while.

Chilling Cocktails



Rob and I had a day off which we decided to fill with cocktails and horror films. We tried out some of the recipes in Chilling Cocktails: Classic Cocktails with a Horrifying Twist by Jason Ward, and teamed them up with the films that inspired them.

Reckless 80s Teenager



We're starting our film and cocktail night with Friday the 13th, and a cocktail Jason Ward calls the Reckless 80s Teenager!

Scrèam de Menthe



Our next film and cocktail combo was Scream and a cocktail called Scrèam de Menthe! Welcome to the 90s!

Redrum



Our final film this evening was The Shining, and we had the cocktail Jason Ward calls Redrum. Now, you notice that I wrote our cocktail as 'Red Rum', not 'Redrum', on my board. That's because, ever since we went to Southport, Red Rum has been my favourite celebrity horse. My favourite Red Rum story is that, after he retired, he lived in a field with his best friend, Andy the donkey. Red Rum loved Andy, so I feel like he would've wanted Andy to have a cocktail named for him as well. And so our final cocktail of the night was an Andy. Because you can't have Red Rum without his best friend Andy, can you? (This one wasn't from Jason Ward's book. It's all my own invention.)


Today's Story



Today's story was 'Taboo' by Geoffrey Household, a werewolf story! Or is it?

Today's Tea





Today's tea was All of Them Witches from Tenacious Tea, another spiced apple brew. The spice in this one is distinctly clove-y, which feels very seasonal. (This one also has an awesome name, but it's actually only my second favourite name from Tenacious Tea... we'll get to my favourite later this month.)

No comments:

Post a Comment