Monday 31 October 2022

31 Days of Halloween: Day 23


Somehow, I've managed to fall an entire week behind with these posts. I'm also playing catch-up with my Halloween teas and stories, though not with all the other festive stuff I've been doing (and there's been a lot, which might account for why I'm behind with my blog posts!). I will do my best to catch up, but given that it's actually Halloween tomorrow, that might be a tall order.

Today's Tea




Sunday's tea was Black Magic from Artisan Tea. It's a black tea blend with cinnamon, orange peel, ginger, green cardamom, cloves and black pepper (though it's nowhere near as fiery as you might expect).

Today's Story




I've fallen totally behind with my Halloween story-a-day reading but trying to catch up now with the story that should've been last Sunday's classic tale of horror... 'The Open Window' by Saki. Ahhh... I forgot how much I love this one!

Romancing the Gothic Lecture



I attended a really enjoyable and fascinating Romancing the Gothic talk by Dan O'Brien on undertakers in 18th-century satire last Sunday. It was perfect for the season, but also very helpful for my current research.

Halloween Gifts




I got my mum some Samhain soap from The Scottish Soap Witch (black cherry and frankincense), but I forgot to give it to her when we had dinner last Saturday. She popped in on Sunday to get it... and give me a lovely little Halloween cushion she made for me!

Samhain Candle




It was time to light our Samhain candle from Chalice Creations on Sunday night. It's rose, sandalwood and orange, and it's hopefully going to see us through to the big day.

Live and Spooky Campfire Stories (Ramsey Campbell)



Last Sunday's Campfire Stories video from Flame Tree Press was Ramsey Campbell, reading an excerpt from his latest novel Fellstones.

No comments:

Post a Comment