Sunday 9 October 2022

31 Days of Halloween: Day 8


It's been an incredibly busy week, so today was a game of two halves. A litter-pick in the park in the morning, but then a quiet afternoon making soup and reading a book.

Today's Tea




Tonight's tea was Druids Dream from The Tea Crew. It's an infusion of hibiscus, apple, elderberry, banana, rosehip and strawberry. It's absolutely delicious and looks gorgeous, but it leaves the question: do Druids dream of bananas?

Today's Story




Tonight's classic tale of horror was 'The Vampyre' by John Polidori.

Boggart Hole Clough Litter-Pick




I was out in Boggart Hole Clough (a park that is reputedly haunted by a boggart) this morning for the monthly community litter-pick. It was quiet, but gloriously autumnal. I've taken lots of acorn pictures this year, but seem to have missed the conkers. Went to a big chestnut tree in the Clough today to look for some, and this is literally all the squirrels had left, the greedy little nutkins.

Mystery Allotment Squash Soup



Remember my mystery squash from Tuesday? Well, I cut into it and I really don't think it was a summer squash or a round courgette. I'm pretty sure it was some type of winter squash. Anyway, I made it into a soup with a red chilli (also from the allotments), and whatever it was it tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment