Wednesday 27 December 2023

Countdown to Christmas: Day 16


And we're still on holiday! Woohoo!

Lizard




Another day in our remote little cottage at The Lizard. I don't think I mentioned this before, but there are cows right outside the cottage.

Hannah’s Bookshelf 3 Minute Santas Special



By the magic of technology (and forward planning, of course), I was on air on North Manchester FM today. It was the annual Hannah's Bookshelf Pre-Christmas Christmas Special this afternoon, with festive flash fiction from this year's 3 Minute Santas writers.

West Country Scandals



I bought this little book, West Country Scandals by James Whinray, at a gift shop last year, but I didn't get chance to read it then. Of course, the real West Country scandal is that I drank Devon Cream Tea (from Bird and Blend) when I was reading it in Cornwall. Shocker!

Zombie Cocktails



I know tiki cocktails might not sound very Christmassy, but look how festive these Zombies look!

Escape from the Movie Studio



We brought a couple of little escape room games to play while we're away. Kicked off tonight with Escape from the Movie Studio and totally nailed it. We are no longer trapped in a movie studio.

The Last Snow



The next book I read on holiday was The Last Snow by Stina Jackson. I teamed it with Ceylon Bop from Tugboat. (The bookmark was a little present I bought for myself when I was Christmas shopping at St Ives Bookseller the other day.)

Advent Tea



Behind Door No. 16 in my Bird and Blend tea calendar... Devon Cream Tea!

Advent Jewellery



And behind Door No. 16 in my Avon jewellery calendar... a gold joy pendant!

No comments:

Post a Comment