Saturday 23 December 2023

Countdown to Christmas: Day 12


We're on holiday! It's our annual pre-Christmas Cornish getaway!

Lizard



First day waking up in our isolated little cottage at The Lizard.

Christmas Rainbow



I saw a rainbow this morning. I'd like to think it's a glimpse of Bifröst, and that Heimdall is preparing to visit us for Yule. Speaking of which...

Yule Island



The first book I'm reading on holiday is Yule Island by Johana Gustawsson, which I'm enjoying with a cup of Snowball Hot Cocoa tea from Bird and Blend.

Americano Cocktails



I made Americanos (Campari, sweet vermouth and soda) on a whim tonight. And it accidentally turned out to be a massive wave of Christmas nostalgia for Rob! Hooray!

Black Cherry Cheesecake



One of my holidays was that I was going to bake loads, as I'll finally have time to do that. And so, the first thing I made was... a no-bake black cherry cheesecake.

Ledaig Whisky



Enjoyed a dram of Ledaig 10 year old from Tobermory Distillery tonight, a lovely pre-Christmas gift from my friend Irene.

Advent Tea



Behind Door No. 12 in my Bird and Blend Tea calendar... Mulled Cider!

Advent Jewellery



And behind Door No. 12 in my Avon jewellery calendar... candy cane earrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment