Friday 4 November 2022

31 Days of Halloween: Day 27


Another very late blog post, but I'm determined to catch up! We're into the big weekend now, so there's a lot to cram into these posts! I'm up to Thursday now.

Today's Tea




Thursday's Halloween tea was Mystischer Hexen Tee from Sonnentor. It's got Hanfblätter, Zitronenverbene, Krauseminze, Ringelblumen, Spitzwegerich, Rosenblüten und Zitronenmelisse!

Today's Story




Thursday's classic tale of horror was 'In the Penal Colony' by Franz Kafka.

‘Samhain’



I returned to Ronald Hutton's The Stations of the Sun on Thursday, to read about this season's festivities. I started off with (obviously) the chapter titled 'Samhain'.

Tonight's Halloween Look



Thursday's Halloween look was a wee bit more colourful and a wee bit less creepy than the previous ones!

Ghost Story Read-Along Live





I did my final Facebook Live video for my Ghost Story Readalong on Thursday. The readalong was a lot of fun (for me, at least). I'm really glad I chose Ghost Story to reread, as I'd forgotten how many things I like about. And I think the fact that I talked non-stop about it for nearly FOUR HOURS this month proves that!

Halloween Earrings



Thursday's Halloween earrings were my pink planchettes!

The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue




I had such a lovely evening on Thursday, out for a screening of The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue (possibly my favourite zombie film ever) at Chapeltown Picture House.

Live and Spooky Campfire Stories (Cat Cavendish)



The final Campfire Stories video from Flame Tree Press was on Thursday, and it was Catherine Cavendish reading an excerpt of her new novel Dark Observation. I've had a lot of fun watching these and discovering new writers to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment