Thursday 22 September 2022

Autumnal Equinox: Day 5


Another day of celebrating the Autumn Equinox, and it was a bit fruit-and-veg-themed (in the morning at least). I'm not sure the Autumnal Equinox has been the most action-packed of our celebrations so far, and perhaps that's because it's hard not to look forward to the big ones that are on the horizon, but we're definitely still marking the season in our own special way.

A Trip to Bury Market





We went to Bury Market this morning with my mother-in-law. Got myself quite the Autumn Equinox cornucopia. Is that 3 figs for £1.50? Yes it is. And I also picked up a bit of market-themed reading at the book exchange stall while we were there.

Autumn Equinox Earrings



Today's Autumn Equinox earrings are little glass corn ears and pumpkins that I bought from a jewellery maker at the Crumpsall and Cheetham Model Allotments fun day at Midsummer

Ronald Hutton Lecture



Tonight I attended an online lecture by Ronald Hutton at Gresham College, entitled 'The Gods of Prehistoric Britain'. It was interesting, thought-provoking and entertaining (as I expected it would be!)

No comments:

Post a Comment