Thursday 29 December 2022

Countdown to Christmas: Day 9


Another belated Countdown to Christmas post from me. I'm wondering if I'll get all of these up before the big day. I can but try!

Advent Tea



Today's advent tea from my Bird and Blend Tea calendar was Irish Cream!

Ninja Book Box Week 2





This week's Ninja Book Box advent parcels included A Bespoke Murder by Edward Marston and a lovely homemade paper decoration!

Castleton Literary and Scientific Society Talk



I gave a talk tonight to the Castleton Literary and Scientific Society (that's Castleton, Rochdale, not Castleton, Derbyshire) on one of the my favourite subjects: the Medieval Blackley Deer Park. Eagles! Boar! Unauthorized deer leaps! Bankrupt barons! It's got it all! And although it wasn't strictly speaking a festive talk, the drive there was amazingly Christmassy with all of Middleton and Castleton lit up and sparkling through the wintery mists. Just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment