Friday 23 December 2022

Countdown to Christmas: Day 1


Our Year of Celebrating the Seasons has reached the big finale! It's time for the Countdown to Christmas! We have a lot of festive things planned for December, but also a lot of work things to do so I've not been able to keep on top of these blog posts in the same way as I have done for the other seasons. I think I'm probably going to have to splurge about 20 of them at the same time. Ah well!

Advent Calendars






 We take advent calendars very seriously in this house. Not least the cat, who has been staring at the cupboard door for 11 months now, waiting for the wonderful day when his advent calendar will appear. I make Rob's calendar each year - little letters in each of the drawers that are usually a story, but this year a puzzle. Rob got me a Bird and Blend Tea Co. calendar this year, and I also got a Ninja Book Box calendar for myself as well (with weekly, rather than daily, festive gifts).

Advent Tea



After all the work we put into getting the perfect advent calendars, I nearly ran out of time to open mine! Day 1 of my lovely Bird and Blend Tea calendar was Gingerbread Chai!

Christmas Earrings



It's the 1st December, so I got my Christmas earrings out today. My first pair were my white Christmas tree/reindeer combo.

Library Visit




We did our monthly visit to the Avenue Library today. Although that's not festive in itself, the library was decorated for Christmas, and I tried to get some vaguely seasonal books out (or, at least, books I'd like to read over the festive season).

Christmas Crisps




Since it's December, me and my brother decided to try something festive on our weekly game night. We had some of Tesco's festive crisps: Pigs in Blankets and... Christmas Pudding flavour??

No comments:

Post a Comment