Saturday 30 July 2022

Lammas: Day 5


Another day of celebrating Lammas for us! And here's what we got up to...

All Among the Barley



My seasonal read for Lammas is All Among the Barley by Melissa Harrison.

Bailey’s Wood Lammas Litter-Pick





We were out in the Lammas-y woods this morning for the monthly Friends of Bailey's Wood litter-pick.

Craft & Flea Market







We were at the market again this afternoon! This time it was the Craft & Flea at Manchester Cathedral. I'm very pleased with our second market haul of the week... spiced gin from Prestwich Gin, orange, lemon and raspberry vegan curd from The Kind Curd Co, hot sauce for my little bro from The Cole Men, plus new bee earrings from Violet Jewels! We also got sausage rolls, chocolate brownies and lemon meringue kronuts!

‘Harvest Home’




I caught up with my seasonal reading tonight, with the chapter 'Harvest Home' in Ronald Hutton's The Stations of the Sun. Sometimes I feel like folk horror is just an accurate record of things that have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment