Thursday 27 January 2022

Stories to be Read with the Lights On 18: Payment Received by Robert L. McGrath


I don't know why it's taking me so long to reread this book. Obviously, it's a collection that just wants to be savoured! Well, anyway, the next story is 'Payment Received' by Robert L. McGrath, so time to jump back in. And this one was very familiar. Have I read the story somewhere more recently? It felt like maybe I have.


'Payment Received' is only a short little story (about a slightly strange young boy and a debt to be repaid), but it felt very familiar. I know I've read it before - the details came back to me from the very first paragraph. The question is... am I remembering it from reading this anthology in the 90s? or have I read McGrath's story in another anthology more recently? I genuinely have no idea!

🠄Previous Story

No comments:

Post a Comment