Sunday 30 January 2022

Imbolc: Day 3


Our third day of celebrating Imbolc season was full of woodland, candlelight and music. And festive earrings, of course.

Imbolc Earrings (1)



Brooms (and spring-cleaning) are symbols of Imbolc, and we were doing a litter-pick this morning, so it seemed like a good time to wear my new silver broom earrings.

Bailey's Wood Litter-Pick



It was the monthly Friends of Bailey's Wood litter-pick this morning. Although this is a regular event (so I can't say we did it specifically for Imbolc), I took the opportunity to look out for any signs of seasonal change. The woods were still looking pretty wintery, though, so I didn't see many hints that spring is on its way!

Vivaldi by Candlelight



What better way to celebrate the seasons than with Vivaldi's Four Seasons? We spent a lovely evening listening to The Piccadilly Sinfonietta play at Manchester Cathedral.

Imbolc Earrings (2)



As we were going to see Vivaldi by Candlelight, and as Imbolc (which coincides with Candlemas) is a festival of light, I thought it would be appropriate to wear my new sparkly candle earrings tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment