Wednesday 26 July 2023

Lammas: Day 1


It's beginning to look a lot like Breadmas! And that means it's time for us to start our Lammastide celebrations this year! We've got a whole week of things planned to celebrate the first harvests, and today's the first day.

Bury Market




We celebrated the start of the grain harvest with our traditional trip to (World Famous) Bury Market with my mother-in-law. I bought quite a lot of bread, radishes and sticky toffee cheddar. 'Tis the season.

Breadmas Calendar Day 1



Why yes, yes I have made myself a Breadmas Calendar for Lammas this year. And behind Bread Wrapper No. 1 tonight... it's a Nudger (from Bury Market)!

Castlerea Lammas Stories



I celebrated Lammastide the Castlerea Care Home way this afternoon. Seasonal poetry (corn rigs an' barley rigs), lots of reminiscing about summer and a very raucous singalong of what is now our anthem, '(I Never Promised You a) Rose Garden' by Lynn Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment