Saturday 20 August 2022

Stories to be Read with the Lights On 22: The Man in the Well by Berkely Mather


Quite a few months have passed since I last read a story from my Hitchcock anthology, but I'm returning to it this week to see if I can finish it. Turns out I'm not great at doing a story-a-day, so let's see if I can binge it instead! So I'm getting back into it with 'The Man in the Well' by Berkley Mather.


And this one doesn't seem familiar at all...

It feels like there's something niggling at the back of my mind, telling me that I have read this one before, that I do know what happens at the end. But maybe I'm imagining it. This one definitely felt more familiar as it went on. But it's such a classic comeuppance-for-an-old-sin story, maybe I guessed the ending rather than remembered it?

I've also read quite a lot of stories where someone betrays their partner in the desert/wilderness for some jewels, so I know that never ends well! But I dunno... I think maybe I do remember reading this one before.

🠄Previous Story

No comments:

Post a Comment