Sunday 26 June 2022

Midsummer: Day 9


It's the final day of our Midsummer celebrations. I've been calling Midsummer 'Summer Christmas' all week, and today felt a bit like 'Summer Boxing Day' as we exchanged gifts and had our celebration dinner yesterday.

Summer Forest Bathing






I spent the afternoon on a Summer forest bathing session with Natalie Rossier Wellbeing. What a perfect way to (almost) end the Midsummer week. We ended today's session with reflection and meditation, a cup of tea made from apple mint and lemonbalm, and homemade honey cake. The whole session really made me feel more grounded in the season than I've felt before.

Midsummer Tea



The final tea in my summery Whittard selection box (and I saved the best till last) was English Rose.

Midsommar



Our seasonal festivities came to an end with a pretty obvious film choice... we watched Midsommar (2019) tonight. I have to admit, I'm not sure this is the one thing we've done that probably won't become a tradition.

And so the wheel of the year turns... We'll be celebrating again at Lammas.

No comments:

Post a Comment