Monday 14 March 2022

Vernal Equinox: Day 1


It's time for the second event in our Year of Celebrating the Seasons this week. The Vernal (Spring) Equinox (aka Ostara) is coming up on Sunday, so we're going to be celebrating all week, enjoying the beginnings of spring. We already started some new traditions at Imbolc, but who knows? we might start some more this week as well.

A Walk in the Woods




I started off my Vernal Equinox celebrations with a walk in the woods with my dad. We met in Blackley Forest and spent a nice hour or so just enjoying nature.

Daffodils




It's daffodil season! And that's a sure sign that spring is here. I'm determined to make this week as daffodil-tastic as I can, so I started off by spotting some in the woods.

Blackthorn



Daffodils aren't the only spring flowers though. The blackthorn is also in blossom in the woods this month.

Daffodil: Biography of a Flower



Since I'm going for a daffodil-tastic week, my holiday reading is Daffodil: Biography of a Flower by Helen O'Neill.

Ostara Earrings



I've got a good collection of seasonal earrings lined up for this holiday. Today's were daffodils and bunny rabbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment