Saturday 20 August 2022

Stories to be Read with the Lights On 25: Ludmila by David Montross


The next story is 'Ludmila' by David Montross. And once again, the title itself is stirring up memories of reading it!


This was a bit weird, as the more I read this one, the less familiar it seemed. I started to think I might have jumbled it up with another story. It was a rollercoaster! First I thought I remembered it, then it seemed unfamiliar, then it came back to me again on the penultimate page.

I liked this one, mostly because it has an unreliable third-person narrator. We're being lied to, but with just enough of a hint to let us work out the real story. There's a verb switch at the end, as though the narrator has made a mistake, that's very clever.

🠄Previous Story

No comments:

Post a Comment