Saturday 3 February 2024

Imbolc: Day 1


It's Imbolc! But, sadly, a bit of a quiet one for us this year, as we've both come down with horrible colds that have completely derailed our plans for the season. I'm gutted, because I really love Imbolc, and we had to cancel a few of our seasonal celebrations last year for various reasons. Here's hoping this isn't a sign of things to come this year. Sigh.

Imbolc Litter-Pick






It was the monthly Friends of Bailey's Wood litter-pick today. Rob wasn't well enough to make it, but I limped on and enjoyed finding some seasonal things in the woods. I'm glad I did, because I found some Scarlet Elf Cups! First time I've ever seen these mushrooms in real life!

Hannah’s Bookshelf Imbolc Special





This afternoon was the Hannah's Bookshelf Imbolc Special on North Manchester FM. I shared some seasonal stories and folklore, and then we had some original seasonal flash fiction submitted by four writers. I also contributed a story this time - 'Two Player Mode', a light-hearted take on the Imbolc season. And there were Imbolc cakes too, which I shared with the volunteers at the community centre where the NMFM studio is based.

No comments:

Post a Comment