Monday 2 January 2023

Countdown to Christmas: Day 24


And finally! I've reached the last day of our Countdown to Christmas! (Admittedly, it's taken me a while to post this, but I've got there in the end!) I'm going to end this post just at the point we headed off for Christmas Dinner with the family, as these blogs were more about how we celebrated the midwinter season, rather than Christmas Dinner and presents. So here's the last bit of build-up...

Advent Tea



The final day of my Bird and Blend Tea calendar was Mojitea!

Advent Calendar



Each year, I make Rob an advent calendar filled with little envelopes to read each day. Usually, these envelopes contain a story, but this year they were clues for him to solve. After he'd decoded the message, it led him to a cupboard upstairs - the final door of the advent calendar, behind which there was a special nativity scene waiting for him!

‘The Reinvention of Christmas’



The final Christmas chapter of Ronald Hutton's Stations of the Sun was 'The Reinvention of Christmas'.

Hannah’s Bookshelf Christmas Special



My Hannah's Bookshelf Christmas Special aired today on North Manchester FM. As is tradition, I talked about a selection of newly published festive books on the show.

Castlerea Christmas Eve Session



Also tradition, I went in to Castlerea Care Home for a Christmas Eve celebration today. I read 'A Visit from St Nicholas' to the residents, and we had a bit of Gingerbread Latte flavoured Irish Cream and some mince pies. One of the residents also produced a big box of Quality Street for us to share!

Yule Candle




And finally... we lit our Yule candle from Chalice Creations today. It was scented with frankincense, orange, cinnamon and cedarwood!

And so, the countdown was over, and so that's where I'm ending this blog. The wheel of the year will turn again after New Year, when we'll be getting ready to celebrate Imbolc.

No comments:

Post a Comment