Monday 2 January 2023

Countdown to Christmas: Day 19


We're up to 19th December now, so I've only got a few more Christmas blog posts to write. The 19th was a pretty big day, or rather, it was the day we did a pretty big job!

Advent Tea



Day 19 of my Bird and Blend Tea calendar was Dozy Girl!

Christmas Earrings



Today's festive earrings were my dangly Santas!

‘Rites of Purification and Blessing’



The next Christmas chapter of Ronald Hutton's Stations of the Sun I read was 'Rites of Purification and Blessing'.

Apple and Blackcurrant Flapjack




We had another one of the flapjacks we got from Flapjackery in St Ives today... Apple and Blackcurrant this time!

Christmas Pudding







And this was the big job... it was time (slightly late, admittedly) to mix the Christmas pudding. I use quite an old-school recipe, which not only takes a lot of mixing, it takes a lot of steaming! (And as I'm posting this after Christmas, I can add that this year's pudding tasted great!)

Christmas Jumper Biscuits



Each time we go away to Cornwall, my mother-in-law buys me a festive baking kit to take. This year it was Christmas Jumper Biscuits. They look a little wonky, but they tasted great.

Muddlebox Cocktail





We caught up with another of our Muddlebox boxes today. This one was from September, and it was something called Sex on the Brain!

Nativity!



Our festive film tonight was Nativity!

Gifts



And tonight's (very festive) reading was Gifts by Laura Barnett.

No comments:

Post a Comment