Saturday 28 January 2023

Imbolc: Day 1


The Wheel of the Year has turned full circle since we first started celebrating all the seasons. And that means it's time to celebrate Imbolc, and the last gasps of winter. We've got a week of celebrations planned again, including some of the traditions we started last year. Here's what we got up to on Friday...

Winter Cooking





I always try to make sure we don't waste the last few bits from our Groobarbs veg boxes before the next delivery, but I think I surpassed myself this time (if I do say so myself)... Leftover Veg Soup (with spring greens and red chilli), Cherry and Almond Banana Bread, and a sparkly Imbolc-themed Carrot Cake.

Imbolc Poetry at Castlerea



Today I ran an Imbolc-themed poetry and storytelling session at Castlerea care home. We talked about winter and shared our thoughts on the season. Plus we had poetry by Shakespeare and Shelley, music by Vivaldi and The Bangles, myths of Persephone, Blue Corn Maiden, Jack Frost and the Holly and Oak Kings!

Imbolc Gin Liqueur




I met up with a friend tonight for the traditional Imbolc libation of sparkly light-up sugar plum gin and iced gems!

Imbolc Lights




As is tradition (i.e. it's the second year we've done it), we're keeping some of our Christmas lights up till Imbolc... including the absolutely awesome pine forest snowstorm that Rob got us this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment